NEW ERASMUS+ PROJECT ON DEVELOPMENT OF TOURISM WILL BE IMPLEMENTED BY EU, CIS AND RUSSIA
A new international educational project "European Dimension in Qualifications for the Tourism Sector (EurDiQ)” sponsored by ERASMUS+ program of the European Commission was launched in Riga (Latvia).
The EurDiQ kick-start meeting was held on 14-15 of January at the Baltic International Academy. The meeting was devoted to the project management issues, planning and approving of activities for 2016.
The meeting was visited by project coordinators from the following institutions of higher education:
1. Baltic International Academy (Latvia)
2. Fachhochschule des Mittelstands (Germany)
3. London Metropolitan University (England)
4. University of Nicosia (Cyprus)
5. Baltic Branch of Russian Union of Travel Industry (Lativa)
6.Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics (Russia)
7. Financial University under the Government of RF (Russia)
8. Don State Technical University (Russia)
9. Sochi State University (Russia)
10. Russian State University of Tourism and Service (Russia)
11. Ministry of Education and Science of Russia (Russia)
12. Bishkek Academy of Finance and Economics (Kyrgyz Republic)
13. Issykkul State University named after K.Tynystanov (Kyrgyz Republic)
14. Ministry of Education and Science of Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyz Republic)
15. The Silk Road Tourism Association (SRTA) (Kyrgyz Republic)
Representatives of business, public and government organizations who take active part of tourism development also visited the meeting. Implementation of the project involves extensive research of competencies for tourism management, tuning of devoted curricula, retraining of teaching staff and improving of graduates’ employability in European, Russian and CIS universities.