WORKSHOP AT LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
EurDiQ project involves extensive development of the tourism disciplines and competencies to harmonize the curricula in "Tourism" in HEIs of the countries participating in the project such as the UK, Germany, Cyprus, Latvia, Russia and Kyrgyzstan.
The workshop involved participation of BFUG experts.
During the workshop at London Metropolitan University experts made the following presentations:
1) Presentation of GB Experience from the LMU institutions.
2) Development of tourism occupational standards and qualification frameworks in the UK.
3) Challenges and opportunities in the UK Tourism industry.
4) Developing tourism strategy for the City of London – walking tour.
5) Employability and employer links in Travel and Tourism.
6) Quality assurance of programmes in the UK.
7) Work placements and employability at London Metropolitan University.
The workshop participants also took part in the interactive case studies and discussed the topical issues of the project and further stages of the project realization and its dissemination strategy.